It is very important that our team at LJ Furniture Movers know what to expect when it comes to accessing your home for the move. There are a few things you can do to save time and money, making the process easier for the movers:
- Break down beds (and remember to tape up the bed slats)
- Tape up bedside tables together
- Dismantle the washing machine
- Empty the Fridge and Freezer
- Wash down any slimy, oily or greasy areas around your home
- Trim back trees and shrubs that might be in the way of our furniture moving truck.
- Move any outdoor furniture to a central area, eg. The front of your house
- Keep all pot plants together
Packing can be a time-consuming task, so we offer a full packing service, which utilises our specialist materials and knowledge. If you prefer to pack yourself, here are a few tips which will make packing faster and make it easier to unpack at the other end:
- Start with the smaller rooms and progress through the house until you come to the bigger rooms
- Once you’ve done this, it’s important to get another pair of hands to help get things out of cupboards and wardrobes.
- Use strong boxes that can be sealed so they won’t come apart and damage your items.
- Pack similar items together and label the boxes. For example, put all the bathroom items together and all the kitchen items together. This will save you a lot of time unpacking at the other end as well.
- Pack cosmetics, medicines and other items that might leak in leak-proof containers.
- When dismantling furniture, keep all the nuts, bolts and other parts together and put them somewhere where they can be easily found.